North Face Trail Races - Spring 2013

"Racing is the lovemaking of the runner."—George Sheehan

North Face Trail Races - Spring 2013

Postby kristian » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:21 am

Hi all,

So I haven't made up my mind on this yet, but I'm thinking of signing up for one of the North Face Trail Races this Spring.

There's Bear Mountain at the start of May, and one in the DC area at the start of June.

I did the Bear Mountain Half Marathon a few years ago. Beats your body up hard, but I find running in the woods and jumping over rocks and tree roots fun. This time around, I think I'd take a crack at the Marathon or 50k.

I'll likely do most of my training in Central Park, but every once in a while would drive out to Bear Mountain for long runs. Would be nice to have a partner on the Bear Mountain runs for safety reasons - injuries, snakes, backwoods Deliverance types, etc. I run 8-9 min miles on road. I get my days going somewhat early on Saturdays/Sundays, so would likely start drives out to Bear Mountain by 8am.

Anyone interested in these races and/or long runs out on Bear Mountain? Please post replies or PM me.

Thanks!
kristian

Re: North Face Trail Races - Spring 2013

Postby jahvandal » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:49 pm

Probably won't do the bear mountain races, but always interested in a trail run on the weekends. Right now, the next few Saturdays look good. May be a while before I'm back in good enough shape to keep up with you though. :)
jahvandal

Postby kristian » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:17 pm

Cool!

I probably won't start up until it gets a bit warmer - I'm guessing sometime in March?

I'll be in touch.
kristian

Postby jahvandal » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:23 am

Sounds good. I should be in half decent shape by then. :)
jahvandal

Return to Racing Forum