NYRR ING NYC Marathon 2013

"Racing is the lovemaking of the runner."—George Sheehan

NYRR ING NYC Marathon 2013

Postby Hoss » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:08 pm

What's up?

Well, according to the NYRR website, the following Adobans are signed up for the 2013 NYC Marathon:
  • Stefania
  • Janine
  • Warren (aka Hoss)
  • Ken C
  • Melissa
  • Remi
  • Maritsa
  • Oaktown Rich (Jahvandal)
  • Meher
  • Marlon
  • Betta
  • Diwata
  • Paul G
  • Soe
  • David H
  • Jet
  • Amanda
  • Jeff Knapp
  • Michael Messina
  • Anna Miyaji
  • Sandra Miyamoto
  • Kirsten Noyes
  • Rhea P
  • Rob Ragasa
  • Kristian Siqueiros
  • Alan Tam

Club affiliation
If you are signed up and do not see your name on this list, you might want to log on to NYRR to make sure your club affiliation is correct. Remember, if you do not show your club affiliation we can't back you up when the other cliques want to throw down and things get rough. You will have to bop your way from Coney Island to the Bronx through the turfs of the Orphans, the Baseball Furies, the Turnbull ACs (who admittedly look kinda cool), the Gramercy Riffs, the Savage Huns, and so on without any protection. I'm not telling you what to do, I'm just sayin'.

Other topics:

Cheering spot
Does anyone want to organize a cheering locale? In the past Paul, Quincee, Rajeev and others have held a cheering zone near a convent by Marcus Garvey park. I won't be organizing because I will be lumbering through the five boros. It is fine with me either way. As a runner, I would say there is plenty of water and gatorade along the course, but it is always nice to see a friendly face and it is easier to find you if we know where you are going to be ahead of time. As a spectator, it is damn near impossible to find your runner in a sea of 45k people, and it is better that they look for you at a designated spot - one that is not too crowded. Also it is more fun to cheer in a group. Again, I am fine with whatever people want to to or don't want to do, but if you want to plan something now is the time to start thinking about it.

Dinner
Pre-marathon dinner? Last year we had a pre-marathon ... er, post-hurricane meal at Lili's Asian Cuisine & Sushi Bar at 1500 3rd Avenue (between E84th & E85th) New York, NY 10028 (212) 639-1313 http://lilisasiancuisine.com‎ . I like the place because it is very relaxed, they usually can accommodate groups easily, and they have two floors of seating. Oh, and they are close to where I live. Of course I am open to any and all suggestions. We have found that pasta is in high demand, hard to get a reservation, and expensive so we have gone for some kind of asian food the past few years. The question is: Do we want to continue the tradition and who would be in? Its usually the FRIDAY before the marathon, because Saturday night is too stressful. Think about whether you want to be in on this. It is hard to plan a dinner for a larger group at a restaurant in NYC when you don't know whether you are talking about 10 people or 25 people.

What do you say? Comment and stuff.
I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.
- Hoss
Hoss
Site Admin

Re: NYRR ING NYC Marathon 2013

Postby rc2063 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:16 pm

Sorry to have not replied earlier. I'm happy to help with organizing both a dinner and a low-key cheering station. Lili's was a nice spot last year. I'd agree it would be really good to have a count by a cutoff date to make reservations and such. Warr(ior)en, I'll check offline with you since I expect you'll have a facebook-enhanced 411 on folks' interest and on matters organizational.

Rajeev
rc2063

Postby jud » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:46 pm

Club affiliation
Can't find your NYC Marathon registrati​on cards? Here's a link with instructions:
http://www.ingnycmarathon.org/entrantinfo/registration-forms.htm

Opening Ceremony
I'm happy to announce that Mike Mesina, Stefania Asciutti, and Elisabetta Ferretti have all been selected to be our delegates in the Marathon Opening Ceremony on Friday, November 1, at 5:30pm in Central Park! So if you are attending, make sure to look for them in the parade. Check the event page for all the details, including a map of the parade route:
http://www.ingnycmarathon.org/events/opening-ceremony.htm

Dinner
Lili's sounds great. Rice is carbs!
jud

Postby Hoss » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:32 pm

Looks like we have a combo pre-marathon dinner and fare-thee-well party for Betta. See posting in the "general" forum.
I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.
- Hoss
Hoss
Site Admin

Return to Racing Forum