September Club Dinner!

Brunching, hollas, stuff.

Re: September Club Dinner!

Postby jud » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:10 am

Okay, 13 people! I will try to get there a few minutes early to make sure there's enough seating for us as a group. While a few of you said you'd be late (Quincee, Meher, Carlo), please try not to all be late as they don't take reservations and it may be difficult to hold spots if none of us are there. And there may be a wait anyway.

A couple of reviews from Yelp.com:
I had never tried Himalayan food before, so curiosity led me in. Place is small, seats about 26 people and they move around tables based on your party's size. The wait staff is not very communicative and pointed me to their chalk board when I asked for recommendations.

I went ahead and ordered their #26 which is called Sha Momo. It's beef dumpling that you can order either steamed or deep fried. The first time I went there i tried the steamed ones, and man were they good. They come in a set of 8 along with a spicy sauce and salad and they were quiet enough to fill you up.

I went there a second time and I ordered the same dish but this time tried the deep fried version of it. I would recommend the deep fried dumplings over the steamed ones as they do offer a better flavor.

Since I was hungry and wanted to try something additional, i ordered #32 which is called 'Chasha Shamdey". It is basically chicken curry with potatoes and comes with a bowl of white rice. This particular dish i wasn't to impressed with as it was missing a kick. I feel they can do better by making it a bit thicker and spicing it up.

The place can get crowded and has no air conditioning, and it's not as fast service as you would expect a small place to have.

But for the price and the food, you can't beat it.

I was really aware of people waiting for tables since the place is so tiny. And there's no a/c, or at least they didn't have it on, even though it was about 80 degrees out. Not really a place I would feel like kicking back for a long dinner or anything. But the food was delicious. I'll definitely be eating there again.
jud

Postby carlo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:30 am

I'll be there at 6:45, after all, and with only me. No guests.
carlo

Postby Paul » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Add me

Nearest Transit Station:
2 Av (F)
Delancey St (F)
Essex St (J, M, Z)
Good for Kids: No
Accepts Credit Cards: No
Parking: Street
Attire: Casual
Good for Groups: No
Price Range: $
Takes Reservations: No
Delivery: Yes
Take-out: Yes
Waiter Service: Yes
Outdoor Seating: No
Wi-Fi: No
Good For: Lunch, Dinner
Alcohol: No
Noise Level: Average
Ambience: Casual
Has TV: No
Caters: No
Wheelchair Accessible: No
Run like hell and get the agony over with.
Paul

Postby jud » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:06 am

Good times, everyone. Glad you could all make it.

Soe — HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!!! See you in a few months!

Here's the Midnight Run info, by the way:
http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-events/emerald-nuts-midnight-run
jud

Previous

Return to General