Two questions

Brunching, hollas, stuff.

Two questions

Postby Witcha » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:54 pm

What is everyone's next race?

And who is going out of town for a long period of time (and if you are, when is our last chance to see you before you go?)

My responses:

Joe Kleinerman 10(k) -- probably. I am signed up for it, just not sure how hard I will run it.
Jingle Bell Jog -- even if I have to walk it! I'm going to bring my phone and record the sound the bells make!
I'm not going away for a protracted period of time until possibly next spring.
Goal for 2011: Half marathon at < 1:58:44 (someone's PR; not mine)
Goal for next race: to not berate any children with the phrase, "come on, kid."
Goal for 2011-2012: BQ
Lifetime goal: to continue to avoid incarceration
Witcha

Re: Two questions

Postby Rhea330 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:04 pm

I'm doing the Nyack Hospital 10k on Nov 20th; then Race to Deliver the next day. :b1:
Rhea330

Postby Bab(o)yG » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:41 pm

Not racing until 2011. Maybe January.
Will be in NYC most of the winter. :evil3: I LOVE RUNNING IN WINTER :evil2:
Last edited by Bab(o)yG on Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endeavor to persevere. - Lone Watie
26.2 - 3:30:16, 3:37:14(NYC)
Goals: >:-)
Bab(o)yG

Postby martha » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:05 pm

after watching the marathon yesterday i once again feel v inspired. i may start running again after a long lazy summer/fall. i think i'll join you for the Jingle Bell Jog Erin, it was great fun last year.
:cheer1:
martha

Postby jahvandal » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:50 pm

Call me crazy, especially given how I feel today, but I still haven't fully ruled out the knickerbocker on the 20th. It's going to depend on how I feel next week and will definitely be a very last minute decision.

As for extended absences, my target start date for my India assignment is currently Jan 17th.
jahvandal

Re:

Postby Buttercup » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:09 pm

jahvandal wrote:Call me crazy, especially given how I feel today, but I still haven't fully ruled out the knickerbocker on the 20th. It's going to depend on how I feel next week and will definitely be a very last minute decision.

As for extended absences, my target start date for my India assignment is currently Jan 17th.

I say go for it!
Bogi
You are what you eat. Well, I eat nuts.
Buttercup

Re:

Postby bluedragon » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:01 am

jahvandal wrote:Call me crazy, especially given how I feel today, but I still haven't fully ruled out the knickerbocker on the 20th. It's going to depend on how I feel next week and will definitely be a very last minute decision.

CRAZY! :lol:
Times to beat: 1M - 5:43; 5K- 18:55; 4M- 23:54; 5M- 30:08; 10K- 38:17; HM- 1:26:37; M- 3:15:07
bluedragon

Postby mangopaco » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:25 am

I was signed up for the Fred Lebow 5k on the 21st but it looks like I'll be leading a dozen kids, ages 5-8, to the Race to Deliver Kids' Races that day instead.

I might aim for the Fred Lebow 5m on January 9th - no Kids' Races scheduled then.

As for getting out of town for extended periods, not happening anytime soon. The biggest trip we have planned is hitting Omaha, Nebraska for Christmas and New Years so Santiago can meet family on Wendy's side. You know it's going to be a crazy hip happening New Years Party with a baby in Omaha!
All'alba vincerò!

http://www.dearchicky.com
mangopaco

Re:

Postby Bab(o)yG » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:24 am

Say WHAT! 2 marathons in two is not enough? I MUST come up with a CRAZY schedule for 2011.
Bab(o)yG

Postby timng » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:07 am

I have 2 races left; it will be the last 2 nyrr races I will be running going forward. If I get into the NYC 1/2, it will be my only nyrr race for 2011. I had to drop out due to injury and I wanted to run through Times Square just one more time even though its $90! The fees of the 9+races for guarantee entry, + travel, and fee for the NYC marathon is going up and up every year. I remember when the races were only $8! I'm not knocking races and I love running but the cost of racing is getting to be a very expensive hobbie...Hopefully the lottery will be on my side if ING NYC 2012 is in my horizon. The need to run never dies in a runner.

But I support and cheer all my chicks whenever they reach their goal time & PR. It’s always a great feeling to run better than your last race. But this chick has gotten to the point of content of her pace as well as the satisfaction on her collection of bibs.
Now if only the next get together diner/lunch/munch whatever can take place below Union Square... :beat: ;)
Did you run today?
-timng
timng

Postby Buttercup » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:54 pm

Tim, I agree with you on the increasing expenses. I'm completed my 9+1 this year, so I probably not going to run anything 'til next year.
Bogi
You are what you eat. Well, I eat nuts.
Buttercup

Postby Paul » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:55 pm

timng wrote:I have 2 races left; it will be the last 2 nyrr races I will be running going forward. If I get into the NYC 1/2, it will be my only nyrr race for 2011. I had to drop out due to injury and I wanted to run through Times Square just one more time even though its $90! The fees of the 9+races for guarantee entry, + travel, and fee for the NYC marathon is going up and up every year. I remember when the races were only $8! I'm not knocking races and I love running but the cost of racing is getting to be a very expensive hobbie...Hopefully the lottery will be on my side if ING NYC 2012 is in my horizon. The need to run never dies in a runner.

But I support and cheer all my chicks whenever they reach their goal time & PR. It’s always a great feeling to run better than your last race. But this chick has gotten to the point of content of her pace as well as the satisfaction on her collection of bibs.
Now if only the next get together diner/lunch/munch whatever can take place below Union Square... :beat: ;)

Tim

The NYRR cross-country races cost $5 to enter and start late in the morning.

The Team Championships costs $5 to enter.

$18 for NYRR races doesn't seem that unreasonable compared to other sports activities. Maybe they should offer a lower fee for runners who don't want a t-shirt.

The New York City Half-Marathon is a rip-off. I don't even know why people want to run it. Personally I work in Times Square so I don't have the overwhelming desire to be there. Leave it to tourist runners. Same with the marathon.

In saying that, I did apply for the 2011 half and may register for the full. :oops:
Run like hell and get the agony over with.
Paul

Postby Witcha » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:22 pm

The original questions are:

What are your next races?

and

Who's going away for an extended period of time (so we can make sure to catch these people before they leave, essentially. See jahvandal's response above.)
Goal for 2011: Half marathon at < 1:58:44 (someone's PR; not mine)
Goal for next race: to not berate any children with the phrase, "come on, kid."
Goal for 2011-2012: BQ
Lifetime goal: to continue to avoid incarceration
Witcha

Postby timng » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:53 pm

Witcha wrote:The original questions are:What are your next races?

Oh sorry Witcha,, next 2 last races will be Race to Deliver and the 10k in Dec.. If u run it,, it'll be good to flock together.. :runrun: :cheer1: :thumbright:
Did you run today?
-timng
timng

Postby JayTheBoy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:24 am

Witcha wrote:What is everyone's next race?
And who is going out of town for a long period of time (and if you are, when is our last chance to see you before you go?)

Still waiting to hear about a down south gig (wayyyyy down south) but if i'm here i'm shooting for Dec 12: NYRR Pete McArdle Cross Country Classic at VCP.

Other than that racing resumes January 1st at the 26th Annual Hangover Classic 5 miler in Bristol RI!
JayTheBoy

Postby run4life » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:27 pm

I'm doing Race to Deliver, Ted Corbitt 15k and Midnight Run - that should complete my 9+1. Will be gone for 2 weeks in December for my Europe trip that is if I get my tourist visa early. T :dancingpepper: na
run4life

Postby Paul » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:20 am

Race to Deliver
Ted Corbitt
November 24th to December 10th
Paul

Postby jud » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:28 pm

Paul wrote:Race to Deliver
Ted Corbitt

You're also signed up for the Joe Kleinerman 10K.
jud

Postby Bab(o)yG » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Bab(o)yG wrote:Not racing until 2011. Maybe January.
Will be in NYC most of the winter. :evil3: I LOVE RUNNING IN WINTER :evil2:

I'm registered for a race on Dec 4 but I aint running it to make my 2010 a race free year. :evil2:

Going away mid Jan :party: , mid Feb :beat: and mid March. :runrun:
Bab(o)yG

Postby Hoss » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:01 am

Bab(o)yG wrote:... Will be in NYC most of the winter ...

... but then ...
Bab(o)yG wrote:... Going away mid Jan :party: , mid Feb :beat: and mid March.

?

Anyway, I look forward to the Winter race season as well. Got to get in shape. Marathon recovery time is almost over!
I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.
- Hoss
Hoss
Site Admin

Postby Bab(o)yG » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:10 am

Hoss wrote:

... but then ...

?

Anyway, I look forward to the Winter race season as well. Got to get in shape. Marathon recovery time is almost over!

Lots of vacation days :b4: Need time away from NYC.
I'll still be training throughout the winter to be ready for the fall :evil2:
Bab(o)yG

Postby jud » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:18 am

That certainly does not sound like "Will be in NYC most of the winter."

Also...
Bab(o)yG wrote:
Bab(o)yG wrote:I'm registered for a race on Dec 4 but I aint running it to make my 2010 a race free year.

How is "mak[ing] my 2010 a race free year" a goal? Is there a larger plan in mind (like to make you a better runner), or is it just an obsessive-compulsive thing?
jud

Postby Paul » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:18 am

jud wrote:
Paul wrote:Race to Deliver
Ted Corbitt

You're also signed up for the Joe Kleinerman 10K.

Indeed. But I'll be in the UK.
Paul

Postby Bab(o)yG » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:11 pm

jud wrote:That certainly does not sound like "Will be in NYC most of the winter."

Also...
Bab(o)yG wrote:
Bab(o)yG wrote:I'm registered for a race on Dec 4 but I aint running it to make my 2010 a race free year.

How is "mak[ing] my 2010 a race free year" a goal? Is there a larger plan in mind (like to make you a better runner), or is it just an obsessive-compulsive thing?

I certainly consider 78 days out of 90 days of winter in NYC "most of the winter". :runrun: :runrun:

It is indeed a part of a larger better plan. A plan not to make me a better runner but a plan to sustain the joy of running for the long term. :beat: Whether it results to milestones in my races is not my goal. :beat: My goal is to avoid repeating my obsessive-compulsive(forsaking all others)2008 when I set my PRs. :evil2:
Last edited by Bab(o)yG on Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bab(o)yG

Postby Bab(o)yG » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:15 pm

Hoss wrote:

... but then ...

?

Step 1 in avoiding an obsessive-compulsive 2011/12 is to kick start the first month of the year with a vacation. :evil2:
Bab(o)yG

Next

Return to General